Time Domain Reflectometer
C) Time Domain Reflectometer
- Pulse Echo, Impulse Current Method, ARC and Decay method.
- Windows based Reflectometer application.
- Laptop based.
- User friendly interface.
- Mark reference is for comparison of five waveforms.
- Easy to use Cursor to know the exact fault distance.
- Cable fault distance display on the bottom of grid in Meters.
- Large storage capacity (depends upon installed hard disk drive).
- Online support for experts reviews the fault graphs.
- Compact lightweight design to install in vehicle.
- Suitable to operate on mains (220-230/240 VAC, 45Hz up to 60 Hz).
Reflectometer T-510 is a Laptop based Digital Time Domain Reflectometer for pre-location of faults in power Cables. Its state-of-art technology makes it easy to use and yet most reliable for any fault condition. The interactive graphical user interface makes it easy, for even a layman, to pre-locate the fault distance.
The device has two working modes namely IMPULSE MODE and PULSE ECHO MODE. Pulse echo mode is useful only for open and short types of faults by injecting low voltage pulses. The impulse mode when used with surge generator to pre-locate fault distance of almost all types of faults including open, short low resistance , high resistance and intermittent faults by way of ICM, Decay & ARM Method.
The software provides a huge storage capacity so that you may use the Reflectometer T510 test result for future reviews & analysis. The innovative feature of software displays LAST TWO waveforms for comparison purposes. The easy to use cursor makes it simple to pre-locate the fault distance. The VOP (Velocity of Propagation) control makes it easy to precisely pre-locate the fault distance on cables with different velocity of propagation.
The test waveforms can be printed as a hardcopy directly from the software. The fault readings can be transferred over INTERNET for further assistance. The software is so programmed that it automatically saves all the test results, so that you never miss any important result. The entire tests are stored on the bases of date and time of the reading taken.
Available Measurement Methods:
1. PEM ( Pulse Echo Method)
Low Voltage Methods of Fault Locating
Induces low-voltage pulses into cable. Capture the impedance change along the length of cable under test. Very useful for locating length of the cable, open-circuit, short circuit or very low resistance faults.
2. ICM Method
ICM is most suited for High resistance, earth and intermittent faults. It uses high impulse current to develop a momentary ARC that gives a measurement of fault distance. TII’s Reflectometer in conjugation with Surge Generator has a success rate of above 95%.
3. ARC Method
ARC method is a combination of PEM & ICM. ARC formations on surging results in short-circuit at fault point which is detected by Pulse super imposed on high voltage surge. Reference graph is compared with reflected graphs after surging & point of diversion (NEGATIVE) gives distance to fault. Distance measurement is as simple as in PEM.
4. Decay Method
DECAY method suitable for Flashing/spark over faults. Ionization in these faults is prolonged and hence ICM or ARM is not helpful. Transient developed due to sudden discharge of capacitors is captured. 100% results in only 1 or 2 sparks.
- Digital acquisition of measured data using highly advanced Flash technology in all modes and ranges of measurement.
- Easy menu-based operator guidance.
- Large-size high-contrast display on monochrome or color screen (15”).
- Pulse output in bridge configuration for suppressing the display of the transmitter pulse.
- Internal compensation in order to enhance fault location at short distance.
- High local resolution by using short pulses.
- Long locating range due to wide dynamic range.
- Quasi-real time operation due to high rate of measurement
- Enhanced fault detectability even in difficult conditions due to averaging of measured values.
- Evaluation of reflect graphs by cursor and marker.
- Integrated memory for storing the results of all measurements taken in all modes and the data related to them together with the device setups.
STORE AND PRINT THE RESULTS
Using the Memory
Reflectometer T-510 Software have the automatic storage facility to store the data in date and time format, so that you can easily select that particular graph which you have to take print-out.
The Reflectometer T-510 allows the test results to be printed out by a standard printer. The printer can be connected through USB cable. For taking print-out you just click on “print” option in Reflectometer windows and select the printer and click on “OK” than the printout will come.
How to use Reflectometer with Surge Generator
Pre-location Reflectometer T-510 to assist power cable fault location technicians in pre-locating and pre-determining distances to faults existing in power cables. It gives a direct reading in meters or kilometres to the fault position. Fault distances can also be determined from the far end of the cable by simply moving two cursors to any two points on the display screen. It is capable of locating low resistance or high resistance faults with the help of Surge Generator.
|Pulse Amplitude||30 Vpp|
|Amplitude Range||100 mV/div to 10V/div|
|Pulse Width||5 n Sec To 10 µs in Pulse Echo Mode|
|Testing Range||50 Mtrs To 50 K.M @ 100 VOP|
|Band Width||200 MHz|
|Trigger Range||1 V to 15 V|
|VOP Range (Half )||50 m/µs to 150 m/µs|
|Input Power||230VAC ~ 25 mA|
|Interface||User Friendly, Graphical User Interface (GUI) Microsoft Windows Standard Interface.|
|Cursor Placement||1. Rising point and 2. Falling point|
|File Management||FLT (Fault File) Automatically stores over 1,00,000 graphs in Month, Date, and Time management basis.|
|Storage Capacity||More than 100000 graphs.(Depends on installed Hard disk drive|
|Print in Color/Black & White|